Nordic Knitters are organizing Handicraft Tours to Southern Old-Võro County, ESTONIA. Old-Võro is part of a historic Livonia, which is a region on the eastern shores of the Baltic Sea ... More info ›
Nordic Knitters are organizing Handicraft Tours to Southern Old-Võro County, ESTONIA. Old-Võro is part of a historic Livonia, which is a region on the eastern shores of the Baltic Sea. It is named after the Livonians, who lived on the shores of present-day Latvia. As a consequence of the Livonian War in the 16th century, the territory of Livonia was reduced to the southern half of Estonia and the northern half of Latvia.
The ruins of Vastseliina Castle were and is a very desirable destination for pilgrims. It was a castle of the Livonian Order, Bishopric of Dorpat. It was constructed by 1342 by the Landmeister Burkhard von Dreileben as part of the border fortifications of Old Livonia against Novgorod, Pskov and later Moscow. We will visit the ruins and the Pilgrims’ House at the castle.
During the tour you will relax in Kubija SPA Hotel, enjoy guided handicrafts and great local food in Old-Võro County.
Relax in Kubija Hotel and Nature SPA, enjoy guided handicrafting and great local food in Old Võro County!
The price includes:
• 7 workshops in different Old Võro location by the best handicraft masters, all materials and tools included;
• 5 nights in Kubija Hotel double-room with breakfasts and dinners;
• 5 lunches in local restaurants in Old Võro area;
• Two SPA treatments at Kubija SPA;
• Short trips to Vastseliina and Rõuge;
• Unlimited usage of saunas and spa during opening hours;
• Estonian National Museum (ERM) and lunch in Tartu;
• Bus transportation Riga – Võru – Tartu – Tallinn.
• Ruins of the Vastseliina Episcopal Castle, Vana-Vastseliina 65254 Estonia